Followers

Thursday, November 8, 2007

PHP And beautiful voices

I have been spending the last month and 1/2 tinkering in PHP and Javascript. Let me tell you that it has been a fun and enjoyable experience.

What I like about PHP is it's supreme terseness. When one find a website I usually see that every ounce of code goes to use (not as much with fat clients).
Just knowing how something works when working with it is just such a relief one can add things with a simple lookup if the library call isn't used as much and php.net has a great facility for this : php.net/callme.


Now compared to java, php may seem the wimp. But we know the truth, not only is it too, running on top of a vm but it fully supports OOP as we are familiar with it. Inheritence, Use, Containment. Unfortunately it uses the same exact methods to go about this. 'extend','implement'. i guess it's ok, but I like the idea of multiple inheritence and trust that design wieners know how to inherit without overlapping names.

No comments:

About Me

I am a programmer who enjoys the simple things in life.