Followers

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Seperatedness & Bloat

A Limited Convenience:
Ever notice how bash or command prompt looks nothing or acts like very little of the rest of the operating system? There is a serious disconnect between context sensitive programming languages and the scripting environments meant to organize, run and communicate with them. Personally I have avoided bash and other script languages because I am disinterested in learning it and know that it won't help me to know it for outside or inside jobs. If the language was the same across the board I'd have no problem with it.
I like the new microsoft shell. It combines shell, sql and pipes and a few other nifty features that make it seem like microsoft is going in the right direction. Since I don't have a Windows box of my own anymore (I did *buy* 95,XP, NT) I'm too satisfied without it, it seems.

Bloat
Let's look at Java. It's a very deep chasm into a protected verbosity of the c language. C too is much like java in the way it stores methods/functions with similar but not fully unique calls. Each line of code with at least one parameter off is basically storing each line as a separate address without any reuse on the similar parameter order and non-uniqueness. Is this the reason for bloat of todays operating systems? Next time I'll talk about Java Libraries.

That is all!

No comments:

About Me

I am a programmer who enjoys the simple things in life.